Profitable Strategies for Trading Gold and Oil Futures
Thursday, June 24, 2021 14:30 MDT » 16:30 EDT
On June 24th, April Taylor will be making her first presentation for the Denver Trading Group. Her topic will focus on profitable strategies for trading gold and oil futures.
During the webinar, April will provide recent examples of live trades, and will describe and demonstrate her trading methods and strategies, and will cover the following topics:
- How relevant price levels help to configure her trade executions.
- Evaluation of overnight price movements for both indices and their current market conditions (balanced/trending).
- An assessment and vicinity of nearest price adhesion levels. These are levels that historically act to draw in price movements and are characteristically seen at whole and half values.
- Incremental price movements that April uses to trigger her entries and what analysis she has done to establish the best stops for trades.
- What April considers an effective trade, a profitable day, and how she journals trades to provide a specific guidance regarding most profitable trades.
April Taylor graduated from SUNY with a dual major in business and statistics. She worked for Novartis and Schering Plough pharmaceutical companies in sales and marketing, receiving multiple performance awards.
On the advice of a friend, she learned about futures from various web sites, and began trading futures with True North Trading, a room which used a system of aligned pullback entries configured to reversion to the mean trade algorithms, where she analyzed the curvilinearity of price patterns relative to time.
Concurrently, she was also a member of Global Forces Trade Network, and has studied their breakout and break down trade algorithms and conditions of trade validity.
Fundamentally, these two algorithms were seeking opposite price movements and were best described as co-harmonic events. Furthermore, they seemed particularly well suited to establish and evaluate adhesive price levels in futures gold and oil.
In 2016 April opened "Trade for Greatness", a live trading room for GC and CL. Based on algorithmic programs, she applied an understanding of daily price movements for both indices relative market conditions (balanced or trending) and the vicinity of nearest price adhesion levels. She executes trades with 3 contracts in a real-time manner and maintains a daily track record of all trades by index, from which she assesses performance parameters.
In the last 6 months of demonstration trading in her room, she grossed ~$69,800, averaging 4.5 trades and $591.00 per day. Plotting daily P/L on a linear regression curve shows an upward improving trade performance.
DTG website subscribers can watch the recordings of our next webinar and prior DTG presentations at their convenience.
You must still register for each webinar IF you want to watch it live.
Amount of historical data varies from 30 days to 14 years depending on the membership you choose.