Trading Directionally in a Low VIX Environment
Thursday, October 5, 2017 14:30 MDT » 16:30 EDT
Prior to 2017 the VIX had printed about 12 times below the price of 10. It's now printed more times below 10 this year than all other previous years combined.
While this might trouble some traders and investors that doesn't mean one should do nothing. Outlier years create opportunity on an almost daily basis, and thus on Thursday Mark Sebastian will present: "Trading Directionally in a Low VIX Environment."
Traders will learn:
- What is going on in the market right now to create such a low VIX?
- Actionable idea for buying and selling calls and puts to express an opinion
- Methods for executing complex orders with low risks and high rewards
- Professional methods our traders use almost daily to trade in a low VIX environment.
- Risk management techniques to keep the dollars the trader makes
This is going to be a fun and interactive webinar and Mark will allow traders to pitch stocks for him to examine and build trades near the conclusion of the webinar.
About Our Speaker
Mark Sebastian is a former member of both the Chicago Board Options Exchange and the American Stock Exchange.
He is the Author of the popular trading manual "The Option Traders Hedge fund."
Mark is a frequent guest on CNBC, Fox Business News, Bloomberg, First Business News. He has been published nationally on Yahoo Finance, quoted in the Wall Street Journal, Reuters, and Bloomberg and is an 'all-star contributor' for TheStreet.com's Option Profits Team.
ark has spoken for the CBOE, the ISE, CME, VOLX and is a co-host on the popular Option Block Podcast and Volatility Views podcast.
Mark has a Bachelor's in Science from Villanova University.
Amount of historical data varies from 30 days to 14 years depending on the membership you choose.